Thread: Using the new Sawstop Folding Outfeet Table with Powermatic 66 or other brand

Using the new Sawstop Folding Outfeet Table with Powermatic 66 or other brand

I noticed SawStop is marketing a new folding outfeed table for use with their SawStop models. Their website shows the outfeet table clamping to the back rail of their fence system which looks very similar to a Biesemeyer "angle" back rail. I have both a Powermatic 66 and a General 350 that have the commercial Biesemeyer fence systems. I'm wondering if anyone here has had the thought to adapt the SawStop Folding Outfeet Table to another saw other than a SawStop. Perhaps it would mount perfectly or possibly with some shimming. It looks like a pretty good value at $299 with free shipping from Amazon.

Thanks for the input...Eric

I haven't seen or used one, but it's something I've considered for my SS. You can download the manual from the SS website, maybe be able to tell more about it by looking at that.

The sawstop rear fence is 1 1/2" wide 0.145" thick metal. It sits 2 13/64" below to the tabletop. That should give you an idea how much work adapting it will take.
    Just a Duffer

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Miller View Post
    The sawstop rear fence is 1 1/2" wide 0.145" thick metal. It sits 2 13/64" below to the tabletop. That should give you an idea how much work adapting it will take.
    Great! I appreciate the information. This is very helpful, thanks so much.

Eric