Thread: First bowl! (at least I'm claiming it)

First bowl! (at least I'm claiming it)

Finally done what I'm calling my first bowl.

I'm not real happy with the shape but the guy giving me some pointers and initial cuts kind of locked me into the shape.

They sure look bigger on tv huh? Attachment 381728Attachment 381729Attachment 381730

The mushrooms and snowman were some spindle practice. I'm working on an army of snowmen for next year. One nice thing about them is when you screw up you just have a smaller snowman. The small mushroom is only about 2.5 inches tall.

I see I need to work on my computer skills as well. Don't know why the pics are sideways.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Steve Schlumpf; 03-19-2018 at 10:56 PM. Reason: re-orientate images

Sam, it might just be the photo but the inside curve of the bowl does not seem to match the external curve. I like the inside curve. Snowmen can be a lot of fun to turn and embellish but be careful or you will have herds of them before you know it!!

The reason why your photos are sideways is because of the EXIF attached to each image. Basically it is digital info embedded within the image that includes all the camera settings when the image was taken. So, judging by the images, you held the camera or phone sideways when taking the photos. Just about any graphics editor can remove the EXIF info. You can edit your post, remove the EXIF from the images and they will then display correctly.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Thanks Steve. I'll look around about removing the exif stuff. Yes, the inside and out side don't match. The bowl started out as a blank that I messed up by drilling the hole too big for the screw chuck. When I took a couple of free classes at a wood store I brought the blank along and asked the guy how to fix it and he showed me and also turned it a little bit to show me how to start. When I finished turning it last night I was just happy I was able to complete without a catch. Now I'll work more on form.