Thread: Looking for exhaust suggestions for Speedy 360

Looking for exhaust suggestions for Speedy 360

This soon to be Speedy 360 owner is trying to get all her ducks in a row in anticipation of embarking on some awesome laser projects. However, the current project is the laser exhaust setup. The laser will be in our garage with the exhaust fan outside in a modified deck box (many thanks to all those that have posted detailed photos of similar setups!). Waited to purchase the green 1hp Harbor Freight fan until this week's 20% off discount, score!, and today Woodcraft has $4 shipping so I was putting together an order of blast gates, Duravent smooth interior hose, and flange fittings but the size and configuration of the exhaust ports on the 380 has me perplexed.

The Speedy 360 manual shows two 75mm exhaust fittings on the back of the unit. Everything else I was going to use 4in pipe so am wondering what reducer people use to hook up their 360's and how you handle the dual ports? (I am getting the vacuum table). I'm thinking to also include blast gate(s) as close as possible to the unit to close off any residual odors that may remain in the pipe.
    Planning on going out a nearby window, total run to the fan outside would be about 12 to 15ft, and I'm considering using 4in PVC pipe for some of the straight run inside the garage. Was also planning on using smooth interior flexible duct hose for the few 90 degree bends, and maybe the removable run from the window to the deck box fan attachment (approx 6ft).

Looking for recommendations, especially on how best to handle the two 75mm exhaust ports on the Speedy 360. Thanks!!!!!
    Barb

Retired and loving life learning new skills to make crafts for dog rescue group fundraising, etc. Crafting toys include 80W Trotec Speedy 360, 1st generation Carvewright, SC Midi-lathe, SwingMan, CraftRobo, Cameo3, AdobeCC . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Barb Becker View Post
    This soon to be Speedy 360 owner is trying to get all her ducks in a row in anticipation of embarking on some awesome laser projects. However, the current project is the laser exhaust setup. The laser will be in our garage with the exhaust fan outside in a modified deck box (many thanks to all those that have posted detailed photos of similar setups!). Waited to purchase the green 1hp Harbor Freight fan until this week's 20% off discount, score!, and today Woodcraft has $4 shipping so I was putting together an order of blast gates, Duravent smooth interior hose, and flange fittings but the size and configuration of the exhaust ports on the 380 has me perplexed.

The Speedy 360 manual shows two 75mm exhaust fittings on the back of the unit. Everything else I was going to use 4in pipe so am wondering what reducer people use to hook up their 360's and how you handle the dual ports? (I am getting the vacuum table). I'm thinking to also include blast gate(s) as close as possible to the unit to close off any residual odors that may remain in the pipe.
    Planning on going out a nearby window, total run to the fan outside would be about 12 to 15ft, and I'm considering using 4in PVC pipe for some of the straight run inside the garage. Was also planning on using smooth interior flexible duct hose for the few 90 degree bends, and maybe the removable run from the window to the deck box fan attachment (approx 6ft).

Looking for recommendations, especially on how best to handle the two 75mm exhaust ports on the Speedy 360. Thanks!!!!!
    I do not own the machine but 75 mm is very close to 3 inches and I wonder if they sell a Y connection and you can step up to 4 inch from there. I know you can purchase the 2.5 inch on Woodcraft. This is really a Trotec owners question but there must be a game on TV!
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

a 4x4x3x3 double Y sewer pipe fitting would probably work- have to cap one end though but that's no biggie-
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks, Bill and Kev!! I did post on the Trotec FB group too so will see what others have done, but I felt sure you guys would come up with something creative.

Kev's 4x4x3x3 double Y sewer pipe fitting was one I needed to look up and certainly should work.
    Barb

Retired and loving life learning new skills to make crafts for dog rescue group fundraising, etc. Crafting toys include 80W Trotec Speedy 360, 1st generation Carvewright, SC Midi-lathe, SwingMan, CraftRobo, Cameo3, AdobeCC . . .

I would call tech support and inquire if they have 4" fittings for your machine. Mine also came with a 3" fitting but tech support sent out a 4" unit overnight.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    I would call tech support and inquire if they have 4" fittings for your machine. Mine also came with a 3" fitting but tech support sent out a 4" unit overnight.
    Will do! Seems kinda strange that the US units don't come with an adapter. I just want to be prepared when they come to set up but that's weeks away.

After having my 360 for about 9 months, I am finally fairly pleased with my exhaust setup!
    I have one 1hp fan outside with a single 4" pipe running inside and to just behind the laser. Then I have a y splitter and run flexible pipe to each outlet on the laser. I still use the 75mm outlets, and just screw the flexible pipe down to fit it over the 75mm.
    Trotec do sell 100mm (~4") outlets to replace the 75mm (~3")outlets installed by default. If you chase them up now, they may be able to swap them out for you before you receive the laser (and may not charge you for extra outlets - they cost about $65AUD each here in Australia).
    I have also drilled out the vacuum table holes to about 4mm as the fan I have was just unable to pull any air through the tiny holes the vacuum table has normally. I also removed the vent cover that is under the vacuum table (that will make sense when you see it) and made up a simple cover that allows a lot more airflow but still stops most tiny laser cuts from falling through.
    Vector Etch Laser Cutting & Engraving
    Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Trotec Speedy 360 120W
    Trotec Speedy 100 60W

There was no charge to change out my exhaust outlet. These are substantial items--well made, maybe out of cast iron.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thank you, Andrew and Mike! I asked my awesome TX sales rep about the exhaust fittings and he has modified my order so the unit will come with 100mm (4in) exhaust ports!!

May be a while before I do any vacuum table drilling, Andrew, but I'll save the info for sure!

Now to wait . . . patiently . . . ok, anxiously waiting.
    Barb