Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta DJ30 jointer...any good?

I love most all the old machines. Many consider Porter the best of them. They take off more wood than the newer ones and can be made easy to make fine adjustments on by filing calibration marks on the outfeed adjustment wheels.

That would not be my first choice in a porter. The 300's are a much nicer machine.

I have an Oliver 166 12" in Wis Rapids that is sitting in storage. PM me if interested. I also agree with Darcy, I have a 300cm and it is the pick of the Porter litter. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    The rebadged PM seem to be a good deal. I don't think people know they were SAC and think they were Taiwan.
    The seller seems to think it's "US steel, not new foreign junk" despite the MADE IN ITALY nameplate shown in the photo he took...

Offer him $2k!

BEEN Awhile! Where are attached photos of the DJ30? i AM a paid member. Hmmm!

Old thread but so relevent to me since I am picking up a Delta DJ-30 with NO MOTOR for only $500! What a FIND!
    Where and HOW do we view pics in these threads now? Please help me kind members!
    Chip Lindley
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Lindley View Post
    Old thread but so relevent to me since I am picking up a Delta DJ-30 with NO MOTOR for only $500! What a FIND!
    Where and HOW do we view pics in these threads now? Please help me kind members!
    Chip Lindley
    Google images doesn't have any pictures? It sure does, but only about 80 of them though, including pictures from Sawmill Creek
    Last edited by Richard Coers; 01-19-2024 at 6:47 PM.

I've had a Porter and a Delta 20. I would take the Delta in a heartbeat over my old Porter. It was just a big clumsy machine that took up too much space. Sacrilege I know. The delta was fast and accurate, I miss the lever. One big quick dirty pass, bump the lever and a light slow pass. I have an older SCM now with a crank, and I still miss the lever.