Thread: How would you secure it?

How would you secure it?

I'm doing an edge lit display using .25" acrylic. I'd like to inlay a piece of blue mirror acrylic that's .125" thick. It doesn't matter if the mirrored part glows.

How would you secure the mirror acrylic to the clear acrylic? The mirrored acrylic will be flush with the front of the clear.

I'm trying to figure out a way so that everything is optically clear and you can't see any type of glue.
    Does anyone have an idea I can try.
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

I posted up this yesterday to another thread-- Loctite GO2 glue works great-

But- if you're reverse lasering the acrylic, then you can't fully glue the pieces together. But if front lasering and you CAN fully glue-up, how big we talking? I would think a 1/4 teaspoon of this stuff would be enough for a full square foot. It is absolutely crystal clear, it's the consistency of honey so it's very forgiving as to bubbles... in my opinion, seems to act like fluid silicone...

If you can't fully glue, all I can think of is to cut some 1/8" clear strips to 3/8" wide and glue them along the mated edges...
    go2.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks for the ideas Kev............

I actually bought that glue awhile ago based on your recommendation but never got around to using it.

In case it helps the project involves making a police tribute edge lit american flag. where the blue strip is I want to put a piece of blue mirror acrylic. I think it'll look pretty awesome............
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

Sounds pretty cool--
    -with most of my work being industrial oriented I don't get many chances to do creative stuff like many of you guys/gals are doing. I'd LOVE to mess with edge lighting plex what with all the LED lighting available these days...

grab a couple of scraps pieces of clear plex and glue them together face to face, you'll like how it works
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle