Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 24 x 26 shop build

Yeah it works great for door and drawer fronts,etc..and yeah I have a lasy susan, just not pictured

The spray booth looks kike a GREAT idea! Is that just an attic fan? Explosion proof motor? Plans?

Mk

Thanks Michael, it works great! Not as good as my industrial fan of course but it's for my home shop. Its a Canarm explosion proof fan, it claims 3600 cfm and think that is fairly accurate.

0805181014.jpg
    0805181110a.jpg
    Finally picked up my ducting order and will start running to each machine, It will be nice having the dc back up and running

I finished running my duct this past weekend, except for about a4' section of 4" running to my miter saw, which I'm picking up tomorrow. I ran my main line 7" and reduced to6" to each drop, then to 4" running each machine. Each machine has its own blast gate. Im pretty happy with the performance and suction at each machine so far. Here are a few pics..
    0814181101a.jpg
    0814181101.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Buehler View Post
    Yeah it was probably a little premature fur the heater pic, lol. But Lowe's had a sale on it for the cheapest I've seen it, so I figured I would get it ready for when it does cool down.
    I suppose the best time to buy a heater is in August... kinda like winter coats.

I also really like your spray booth.

BTW I drove through Willard on I-15 last week, gorgeous country but last week the mountains were obscured by the smoke/haze from the Cali fires.
    Last edited by Van Huskey; 08-18-2018 at 8:40 PM.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Thanks Van, yeah not sure on how they work the price on heaters, but that makes sense, lol. Yes the haze from the wildfires had been crazy this last month!

Scott, where did you get the ducting from? I have been debating the age old question of metal v pvc for ducting and have not made a decision. I am leaning towards metal so wanted to see what sort of prices you paid.

Also, your garage door, where did you pick it up from? I checked a place in Ogden and they were about $750 for a 10' x 10' insulated with all the parts/track etc. That is for a metal outside vinyl inside.

Thanks
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck

Mark, I got all my ducting from Clifco, down in Slc. Very reasonable pricing. I got my garage door through a guy I work with. Its a 8 x 12 door, insulated with metal backing. It was about 1300.00 Installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Buehler View Post
    Mark, I got all my ducting from Clifco, down in Slc. Very reasonable pricing. I got my garage door through a guy I work with. Its a 8 x 12 door, insulated with metal backing. It was about 1300.00 Installed.
    Thanks Scott. I will call Clifco and see what they can do. I do like your spray booth too. Might have to copy it.
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck

Spray booth works great, good luck!