Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 24 x 26 shop build

Been very busy last month or so, but started working on the shop again this weekend. Here are some progress shots.0605181708b.jpg0605181707.jpg0605181706b.jpg
    Exterior paint is all done except for a little touch up here and there. Electrical is all ran. Im going down tomorrow to pick up insulation and sheetrock and will hopefully have walls up by next weekend.

Looking Good....
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Very nice shop. They are a headache to build, but well worth the effort when completed. Your setting with the mountains in the background is incredible.

Thank you Randy! Yes it will be nice when i can finally finish it up

It's nice when things start to actually look like what you envisioned the thing to be, isn't it? Lookin' good!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Now, I don't know much about building and such, but aren't those studs supposed to run up and down?!?

Nice looking shop and view! I hope you have many years of enjoyment to come working in there. When I got mine, I had asked the builder to just pour the foundation with he intention of building the shop myself after we got over the shock of buying a new house. He asked me to sketch up what I wanted and let him quote on it. Well, when his quote came back within the margin of error of my estimate of my cost, we said "Go ahead!" He later confessed that he "cut his nose off" with that shop. I was thrilled to get my shop done. And, it matched the house, had plenty of juice, etc. They even made a mistake in the design and built the outside walls taller than planned -which was a happy accident (I think they just knew better than me and it was easier to build that way). Mine is much smaller - 16x20. That's all I thought I could afford at the time and also fit in the corner of our suburban lot. Thrilled to have it though! Felt cavernous at first - now I can barely walk in there.

Anyway,

enjoy!

Tony (wish I was in my shop right now!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Leonard View Post
    Now, I don't know much about building and such, but aren't those studs supposed to run up and down?!?
    Not sure if you are being funny or serious but I am pretty sure his picture is just rotated. If not then there is a serious story about the picture on the previous page with the whole shop sideways that I wanna hear!

Looking good BTW!
    Last edited by Van Huskey; 06-06-2018 at 6:32 PM.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Yeah, I couldn't figure out the rotation on my photo, lol! Yes Jim I can see the light at the end of the tunnel finally. Tony, it sounds like your contractor have you a great deal! I thought about having our contractor build it but it saved me quite a bit of money. And for the most part, I have enjoyed building it myself

Insulation...check. Drywall/ OSB...check. Paint...check! Started finish electrical and moving my tools in, just need to install my LED lights that just arrived from Amazon today. Garage door should be in next week and then just need to finish a little rock on the outside.

Got a couple items delivered yesterday.
    0627180923.jpg
    0627180927.jpg
    0627181147.jpg

Nice Shop! Thanks for sharing...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Buehler View Post
    Got a couple items delivered yesterday.
    0627180923.jpg
    Seeing a heater when it was near 100 here today somes wrong!
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Yeah it was probably a little premature fur the heater pic, lol. But Lowe's had a sale on it for the cheapest I've seen it, so I figured I would get it ready for when it does cool down. I did get my garage door on today. Waiting for my duct work to be done so I can get dust collection ran to all my machines0728181714.jpg

I've also been working on my(small) spray booth, I've sprayed a couple jobs with it and so far, I've been pretty impressed. Especially since I built it for under 300.00 0712180925.jpg
    0712181454.jpg
    0723180842.jpg
    0723180843.jpg

That spraying station is pretty interesting...great idea for anyone working on smaller things. A lazy Susan on the "table" surface gets access to "every angle" of whatever you're spraying!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...