Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Small Plunge Inlay Router-Base /Which One To Get?

Quote Originally Posted by richard poitras View Post
    For those that have the Veritas does the depth stop have a micro adjustment? It looks like it does but I didn’t see it in the description. Also has anyone used the circle guild with double face tape and if so how well did it work?

Also, what web sites are you getting your bits from as some had mentioned about getting them from different venders but no names.

Thanks Richard
    Yes, you can fine tune the depth with the depth screw.

Did you check out their product video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=pej-XaAchDg

Lee Valley sells the spiral bits. Ebay sells many too, try 1/8" cnc router bit.

Simon
    Last edited by Simon MacGowen; 03-16-2018 at 9:33 PM.

Thanks Steve for the video and the answer to the depth screw question.

Julie, looks like you have a great set up! and thanks for the great pictures. What made you decide on the Dremel 4000 over other Dremel models? Not sure which one is the best choice.

Richard
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Quote Originally Posted by richard poitras View Post
    Julie, looks like you have a great set up! and thanks for the great pictures. What made you decide on the Dremel 4000 over other Dremel models? Not sure which one is the best choice.

Richard
    I initially wanted the Foredom but compared to the Dremel I couldn't justify the price difference. I know. Sounds strange from someone who bought the Micro Plunge. But...

After I bought the Stew-Mac base and put it through its paces and I found I hated the depth adjustment, I went looking for something else. The only other base I could find was the Micro Plunge. There was nothing else I could find. It wasn't until much later that Veritas came out with their base. Had that been available when I was in the market for something better than the original Stew-Mac base, I would have chosen the Veritas over MP. The new S-M looks pretty good and the lighting looks great. If I was in the market now, it would be between the S-M and Veritas bases.

This is not to say I regret buying the MP. Every time I use it I marvel at how accurate and easy it is to work with but, as you said, it's very pricey.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Julie thanks for your thoughts on how and way you purchased as you did.

I was reading the other post in the forum about other rotary tools. Has anyone use one of the Proxxon’s on the Veritas or the StewMac base?

Thanks Richard
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

I have used the Stew-Mac base for years with no complaints. However, after reading this thread and reviewing the Micro Plunge base, I want one. I really like the new “light ring” accessory. If you ask me the price for their precision manufacturing, highest quality materials, and Made in America craftsmanship and innovation is very fair.