Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raster image only does outline

FYI ULS requires a certain color pallet, so some research you will find out. Also line widths wider than a hairline will not vector, same thing do the research. There are also some power supply voltage checks to make before replacing the tube

http://www.lstgroup.com.au/docs/ULS_...ting_Guide.pdf

http://www.saic.edu/media/saic/pdfs/...laserguide.pdf

http://www.engravingsys.com/equipmen...stems-support/
    Last edited by Bill George; 03-17-2018 at 8:17 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

It looks like you need to determine if you have a power output problem or a software issue.
    Can you set up a vector cut job to verify that you have good power?
    Scott
    Rabbit Laser RL-60-1290, Rotary attachment, Corel Draw x6, Bobcad Ver 27
    Juki-LU 2810-7, Juki 1900 AHS, Juki LU-1508, Juki LH-3188-7, Juki LH 1182
    Sheffield 530 HC webbing cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Also line widths wider than a hairline will not vector, same thing do the research.
    Again, there are no vectors in this image at all. It is a straight black square. In the preview it looks like a solid black square. I tested by changing the opacity and in the preview it did change the dithering as expected. I am 100% convinced that the process is correct. Even if the pallet were somehow wrong and it's adjusting the power accordingly it should still be consistent, not a huge blast that burns through the paper followed by barely anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Marquez View Post
    Can you set up a vector cut job to verify that you have good power?
    I'm back home now but I might visit again next weekend. I can do some further cut tests then, but the first thing I did when I showed up last week was to try and cut a sticker from a PDF I had created a couple years ago. It had always worked fine before but now it was cutting inconsistently, failing to etch into most of the sticker. I figured whatever was wrong with the raster was probably the same here and solving the one would fix the other.

Quote Originally Posted by David J Goldsmith View Post
    I'm back home now but I might visit again next weekend. I can do some further cut tests then, but the first thing I did when I showed up last week was to try and cut a sticker from a PDF I had created a couple years ago. It had always worked fine before but now it was cutting inconsistently, failing to etch into most of the sticker. I figured whatever was wrong with the raster was probably the same here and solving the one would fix the other.
    I have nothing more to add, good luck.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

So it was the laser. Ordered a new one, picked it up a couple weeks ago, visited my parents yesterday, installed it, and everything is running nice again.

So it was the laser. Got a new one a few weeks ago, visited my parents yesterday to replace it, everything is running fine again.

So you bought a new Laser what did you get how big is it what wattage??
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I assume he got a new tube not a whole new system. Sometimes the symptoms can lead in so many directions, sad that is was a tube, but they do offer good rates over at ULS to exchange them.
    I have worked for QuickTrophy LLC since 2006.
    Trotec Speedy 360, 3 Universal PLS 360's, 1 M-360, and VLS 230
    We also do color work using a Mimaki UJF-3042Fx and Sublimation Equipment

Yeah, it was $1600 for a replacement 30 watt tube. More than we were expecting but not as much as it could've been: first quote I got was almost twice that but included "installation". I'm not paying $1600 to remove a half-dozen of screws.