Thread: Posting pictures????

Posting pictures????

Seems like I read a post somewhere that stated pictures must be smaller than a 100 K to post them. Is this true? I had no problems with the older format, but not sure now. I wanted to post a picture of my new lathe but can't seem to reduce the image that much. It started out at 3.5 meg. and I got down to about 300 K. Can someone help?
    Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
    Don

Don:

What are the dimensions of the graphic (height and width) and what is the dpi? Also what format are you using? Or ship it to me via e-mail and I'll take a quick look at it. I'm here until about 10:30 or 11:00 EDT.
    Dan McLaughlin

Any photo that will fit on this format can be reduced to 40-60KB (or less) by someone with experience in photo editing. Please ship it to Dan. I'm away at Woodworking Camp or I would offer the same service.

You should limit your width and or height to 400 pixels (or less). Then most softwares will save in a .jpg format at less than 100KB. Look for a feature that will allow you to "RESIZE" or a button marked "Dimensions". It may be under "edit".

Or..... if you have "Help" files, look up resize or diminsion. If You're saving as a bitmap, tiff or gif... Don't. Look for the option to save as a ".jpg" format. That is a compression format commonly used to reduce file sizes.

Good luck.
    Zack Jennings
    Refugee from the Pond

Thanks Guys

I got some help from the computer guy here at work and he helped me. I'm still not sure what I was doing wrong last night. Maybe just tired.
    Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
    Don