Thread: Anodized Aluminum

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anodized Aluminum

Sorry for flooding the forum with my issues, but I'm having some trouble at work and can think of anywhere else to turn.
    My job primarily consists of raster engraving AA pipe, but I seem to have run into a strange issue. I've been doing the same kind of work here with this laser for almost a year and I've never had this issue before. All other AA I work with is smooth sailing, but recently I've come across a batch that simply refuses to engrave, and here's the kicker, it seems to only happen with a certain length of pipe. It looks ever so slightly different as well, almost iridescent with a rainbow type look, while all other pipe has that standard anodized look (matte silver I guess?). The pipe is 6063 t6 satin anodized (201r1). I have attached an image depicting the problem pipe. The pipe resting atop the rest engraves perfectly fine, while the others won't at all. I'm pretty sure it boils down to poor anodize finish but would like input from others, especially if someone could help me explain the issue more uhhh, technically.pipeee.jpg
    Last edited by Chase Mueller; 03-13-2018 at 3:59 PM. Reason: grammar
    Epilog Fusion M2 40 Watt CO2 Laser