Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning dust filters

Mike I would contact Wynn and ask if your filter can be washed and if so how. It could save you from needing to get another. You never know, the glue they use may be water soluble.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Christensen View Post
    Mike I would contact Wynn and ask if your filter can be washed and if so how. It could save you from needing to get another. You never know, the glue they use may be water soluble.
    Already have But thanks for the tip. (See my earlier post for the follow-up information I'd received.)
    Last edited by Mike Ontko; 03-22-2018 at 12:17 PM.

I have a washable Teflon HEPA filter on my shop vac. I tap off the big stuff, and blow it out every other cleaning. Then the other times I tap off the big stuff then wash it. Seems to work well for me.

The multi-spray filter cleaner idea has been done for pool and spa filters. Basically the same thing, for the filters that look like our dust filters. So I'd say that shows that the theory is valid. But just using a blow gun from the inside seems to be quick as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, and do a search for "air comb." This is what you get, which may be what you want: https://www.amazon.com/Innovative-Pr.../dp/B005MVB4B6