Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Need a feeder, thinking DC40

I have the DC40 with regular stand on my KF500 and am using the KF700 tilt bracket with gas strut. I agree with others that the strut only kicks in on the down tilt but I honestly don’t find it that hard to pivot it otherwise. My strut from Felder is so strong though that I have trouble getting the weight of the feeder far enough out to hold itself down when not in use. The smart stand weight might help in my case but it’s hard to justify its price for an hobby user like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Perren View Post
    Thanks Patrick.. An extra 100 lbs would kill the deal for me. I currently own a old comatic 3 wheel feeder that I use on a older powermatic 26 shaper.. It's heavy, does not go vertical, and can be a pain to adjust. I just older a Felder KF 700 with a tilting feeder bracket and the gas struct option for my small shop. I need a better feeder to use with it that's not a pain to adjust although I do not want to kill myself raising and lowering it on the tilting bracket. Any recommendations?

A few reply above, I notice Joe appears to have a Comatic DC40 (Smart Stand) on his KF700... I am curious is this working out or not. Obviously weight is my biggest concern.

Thanks Chris

The Felder vario feeders are stupid heavy.