Thread: Mudroom Built-in Closet

Mudroom Built-in Closet

I completed a built -in recently for the Mudroom. When I was looking around at the options for the bi-fold doors I found the Hafele Slido system. I did not find a lot of comments about that system, but in the end it turned out to work quite well. It is not a cheap option, but it is much more cost effective than their Hawa system. I thought I would share.

BuiltIn.jpg

That has a lot of apeal. Good color. The flat panels with that bold moulding are just right.

Very nice. Got a picture with the doors open? I thought the Slido system required a top rail.

John

That looks really nice!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks guys.

I will snap a pic open John. There are four compartments in this, and each one has top and bottom rails.

Brad,
    You did a beautiful job on those. Would you mind sharing some info on materials and finish program?
    Regards - Bill

John, here is a picture of the cabinet open. I thought about painting the aluminum or applying an edge banding, but after I mocked them up it didn't bother me much, so I left it. I would not build this type with so many doors in the future. That will save on hardware costs and allow to hide the tracks per the drawing.

BuiltIn-open.jpg

Bill, I am not much of a finisher. The electrical panel cover and bench seat below turned out better. The bench seat was easier because it is a big flat surface. My finish supplier suggested a home brew stain combination that I spray after a washcoat. The stain color is made up of General Finishes water based light brown, dark brown and reducer. His mixture was too dark, so I altered the mix. I do not recall the proportions, but it is written down in the shop. After the stain, it was two or three General Endro Clear Poly top coats.

The rails and stiles are good old cherry. The panels are veneered MDF. I like veneering, and it makes it affordable to use the figured cherry I like (https://www.certainlywood.com/images...HERRY%201402-2)
    Elec-Panel_Cover.jpg
    Bench_Seat.jpg

Thanks for the photos Brad. I didn't know the Slido system had a bi-fold option.

John