Howdy folks:

Been looking online to get some diamond stones to do my sharpening of planes/chisels. Have been using a series of japanese waterstones, and only recently even heard of diamond stones.

I was looking at DMT on Amazon, but they have some pretty poor reviews.

Does any one have any recommendations for diamond stone manufacturers of quality? I understand that there's a difference between a full metal plate where the diamonds are some how baked right into them, versus those cheaper ones like DMT where they are some how affixed poorly to the surface.

Not an expert here. I just don't want to buy some land fill and would like to hunt down a good set. I'm new to hand woodworking, but I have learned that keeping a sharp edge is key.

(One downside to my waterstone is that I noticed that my surface wears uneavenly. I use a honing guide which keeps rolling in one place, and even if pick up and move, it still leaves a bit of a hollow. I have to get a coarse flattener soon and flatten the surface.

But from watching the vids, it seems like there's far less mess with diamond stones.

Love to know what manufacturer/models you recommend. Thanks in advance!