Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's under the tarp?

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    Meh, I am a truck guy. I don't even like riding in a car.

Blasphemy! Probably one of the prettiest cars ever made in my opinion. I've had a rager for one of those since Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Not saying they are not beautiful cars, just that I don't like cars. I have yet to own a car in almost 24 years of driving. Trucks are practical, cars are well, not.

Big azz lathe, darn my next guess.

So are you going through it for someone, or putting it into service for yourself?

[QUOTE=Darcy Warner;2788919]Screen shots of the literature.

Screenshot_20180312-181736.jpg

Screenshot_20180312-181801.jpg[/QUO

If Paul Bunyan owned a lathe... Ok, here is what we need you to do. Get it set up, find the largest log you can find, mount it and shoot a video so we can see this thing in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post
    So are you going through it for someone, or putting it into service for yourself?
    Have not decided. First step was to keep it from the scrap pile and get it out of NJ.

I would love to set this thing up, it needs a through cosmetic resto though. It could be cleaned and ran ugly though. I may find someone that wants me to rebuild it for them. For now, I kept 8k pounds out of the scrap yard.

I bet you dress like that last guy when you use your tools. Wearing a tie is always a good idea around rotating machinery. it helps pull you in for a closer inspection. I bet those are steel toed wingtips.
    Bill D.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    I would love to set this thing up
    I say set it up, invite a local turning group over and demo making a pen, just to mess with them.

Woah....big iron! Congrats!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Nice to see correct attire for wood turning. I wear the same when in the wood shoppe.

That's what I wear. I wear a lab coat so I don't get dirty. I leave it untied though cause it gets to hot.

A big lathe is all I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Fletcher View Post
    That's what I wear. I wear a lab coat so I don't get dirty. I leave it untied though cause it gets to hot.
    Like in every single video Martin makes of their machinery? Damn blue lab coats. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post

Nice to see correct attire for wood turning. I wear the same when in the wood shoppe.
    If you look at almost every old picture of a machine shop or millwork shop, almost everyone was in a shirt and tie. Tie tucked in shirt and an apron on, plus a nice hat.