Thread: Hitachi becomes Metabo

Hitachi becomes Metabo

This may be old news but I just saw that Hitachi tools will be branded as Metabo in the future. See here

Mike

[Here's an explanation of why they're doing it.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Weird, but okay. Never owned either brand tools, but its good to note and the first Ive heard of it.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Interesting. Maybe Metabo trying to foray into the consumer market more or wonder if Hitachi acquired them. Went to Metabo facility in PA a long time ago and the consensus was that Metabo Germany didnt really have any desire to court the consumer market in the US. They wanted to stick to the more higher end tools (which was refreshing). At that time they were selling some re-branded (porter cable before they were acquired by dewalt and run in the ditch) woodworking tools.

They still make pretty much the best angle grinders on the planet.

Metabo is a German tool company with a hundred-year history. In 2016, Hitachi bought Metabo.

Yeesh. Default to that is sad, but maybe, hopefully, they wont take Metabo down the hitatchi path. All things must change.

Thanks for linking to the explanation; I hadn't realized that the Hitachi tools were no longer affiliated with the main Hitachi company.

Matt

I have a small Metabo drill / hammer drill. Man is that thing nice. You can feel the quality the second you turn it on. Really powerful for a handheld.

Blog Entries
    My son is an iron worker. Metabo angle grinders are all they use. Good stuff.
    NOW you tell me...