Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting SMC trend - long time members getting active again

Interesting SMC trend - long time members getting active again

I always notice posts by people who aren't "regulars" - their names, their location (if listed), when they joined SMC and their number of posts. Not that any of that matters - it's just something that draws my eye for a moment.

Lately, I've noticed a BUNCH of posts by people I don't recall seeing before. And I'm seeing that a large percentage of "new" posters are folks that have actually been members for years and are now posting again, sharing their knowledge.

There's nothing really earth shattering about it - just something I noticed and that I'm personally glad to see. Welcome back folks!

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Thanks for noticing.
    My recent retirement has allowed me to re-engage several favorite activities, including sawdust production. My current main focus is skill building on the lathe.

Quote Originally Posted by W Craig Wilson View Post
    Thanks for noticing.
    My recent retirement has allowed me to re-engage several favorite activities, including sawdust production. My current main focus is skill building on the lathe.
    Welcome back Craig. And congrats on your retirement Sir!
    Fred

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Welcome to the recently retired and making more chips and shavings club, Craig!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I tried to retire but got a work at home offer that was too good to pass up. But it works cuz my office is above the shop and when the moron count reaches a certain level I go down and make sawdust. My great grandma daughter calls it man glitter. And it's fun to be active here. I posted pics of my shop on the show your shop thread.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    I always notice posts by people who aren't "regulars" - their names, their location (if listed), when they joined SMC and their number of posts. Not that any of that matters - it's just something that draws my eye for a moment.

Lately, I've noticed a BUNCH of posts by people I don't recall seeing before. And I'm seeing that a large percentage of "new" posters are folks that have actually been members for years and are now posting again, sharing their knowledge.

There's nothing really earth shattering about it - just something I noticed and that I'm personally glad to see. Welcome back folks!

Fred

Boink!! Hey who's the newbie posting about us old posters???

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    You got me on # of posts and year ya joined. Glad you're back active Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    ...man glitter...
    I love it! Need to steal this for my neat-freak g'daughter.

Who you callin' "old", Clardy?
    Been here all along, but tend to hide out in the laser forums.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I, too, am glad to see some of the old timers posting!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    I, too, am glad to see some of the old timers posting!
    Geeze Louise! Talk about old posters!

Creekers come

Creekers go

Creekers come back.

I think it happens with a lot of forums.
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Clardy...!!!!!! Where've you been!!!??????
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I'm one of those (although I had to create a new account, couldn't log into the old one and it was registered with an e-mail I no longer have access to). Not sure why I stopped doing much on wood forums for a while, even though I was still making stuff. I guess I was at a point where I knew the things I needed to know for what I was doing. During a shop make-over and new DC system, I decided to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mioux View Post
    Creekers come

Creekers go

Creekers come back.

I think it happens with a lot of forums.
    Hey Joe! I don't see your name very often, how have you been?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney