Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price of Biesemeyer fence without hardware

Price of Biesemeyer fence without hardware

Hi,

There is someone selling a new Biesemeyer fence system for $150 but it is missing the hardware. He’s selling just the fence and rails.

I looked at the parts list and the hardware looks like they can all be purchased at a Home Depot.

Would it be worth it to buy it?

Thanks.

If you are talking about just the bolts, any good hardware store will have them. If you are talking the angle irons that the rail bolts to and the one on the rear that is just there to hold up the table board, and the table board it's self, available at any steel supply for the iron and lumber yard for the table depending on what you want. I will add that if you have to buy the angle irons, drilling the holes for the rail is a little tricky.
    Dick

I’d be getting 2 72” angle irons, a 82” guide rail and 36” fence and head.

Buy it. The rest is just bolts, and lock washers. It would be nice if all the parts are there for the fence locking mechanism though.

The hardware should be fairly easy to attain at a reasonable cost. If the fence is in good shape, sounds like a good deal.

biesebolts.png
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Buy it. The rest is just bolts, and lock washers. It would be nice if all the parts are there for the fence locking mechanism though.
    Yes, it looks like the head has parts like pads and locking mechanisms that would have to be ordere.

Check that out first then. I would think those parts are available, but haven't looked.

edited to add: depending on which model it is, it looks like some parts are obsolete now:
    https://www.ereplacementparts.com/bi...867_14898.html
    Last edited by Tom M King; 03-10-2018 at 7:30 PM.

This is what is shown in the ad. I can't tell if all the fence head pieces are there.

Biesemeyer.jpg

That looks new (as you said to begin with) to me. The bolts and washers may even be in the packaging.

The bolts may possibly been inserted in the tubing.....

Why is it still for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Orbine View Post
    The bolts may possibly been inserted in the tubing.....

Why is it still for sale?
    The seller didn’t say. I think they had an extra one at the shop he works at because he said they’ve been using the same fence fir twenty years.

I’ll try to check it out today. I was able to get it for $120 due to mating HDW. I just need to make sure the fence and head have the pieces needed to lock to the rail.

I picked up the fenc today. Everything looks good. A little dirty from sitting around but it looks like the only HDW I’ll need are for mounting the angle irons to the saw table and bench and the rail to the front angle iron.

I’m currently assembling a Delta contractor saw with a 30” Unifence until I build a table. I have the 50” rip capacity Unifence guide rail I can use as well. I’m not sure which fence I’ll put on the table when I build it but it looks like I shouldn’t need any upgrades anytime soon.

I wish I'd been able to get that fence and rails at that price. Nice pickup!

If you decide to sell the unifence I'd be interested.

You Stole that NIB USA original Biesemeyer.

Many would have been thrilled to get it for $300.

I would have.

Great find.

Marc
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me