Thread: Upgrade a harbor freight dust collector with Wynn filter

Upgrade a harbor freight dust collector with Wynn filter

I know this has been discussed but could not find any recent postings, I have the HF dust collector and want to install the Wynn 35BA222nano filter. Even though this is more than I paid for the HF unit I think it might be worth it. A couple of question for anyone who has done this, does it improve the CFM and is there any downside. Looks like it a perfect fit and certainly seems as if it would help with dust in the air.

It does fit nicely, and works well to keep the air clean. I did it and would do it again.
    I also built the separator for the trash can and that works well also.

I have an earlier generation Wynn filter. Mine can be washed with a garden hose which I find better than vacuuming alone. I vacuum first then wash with a garden hose, make sure you give it a few days to dry depending on weather. Also some sort of separator prior to the filter is well worthwhile. I have a Thien baffle in the bottom of the dust collector ring and filter above, I get virtually no chips in the filter, just dust. It's compact and works quite well. I don't let the bag get over half full before emptying it into a trash bag which I think also helps with separation and is certainly easier to empty.
    Last edited by Curt Harms; 03-11-2018 at 9:01 AM.