Thread: XHC HB04 on wincnc

XHC HB04 on wincnc

Anyone pulled the plug on one of these pendants on Wincnc? Just ordered one and watched the cncmike vid on Youtube. Looks pretty straight forward. I have toyed around with the idea of a pendant control or game controller (dont want to have an xbox controller in the shop for some reason). Look pretty straight forward. Luckily found USA stock one state away so should be here first of the week.

Did you find any reference to using WinCNC with one, Mark? I see a lot of Mach3 in my quick Google Search plus LinuxCNC. That does look like an interesting pendant, especially give the wireless connectivity. If you can map it for WinCNC, that will be nice to have. Price is really attractive, too!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

https://youtu.be/oOEuSlmxGHU

I think its not really a Mach3 pendant but just a generic and maybe Mach3 sells more pendants.

It will be here Tuesday. 100 bucks is worth a try even if it lands in the dumpster.

I have both the wired and Bluetooth Wincnc pendants ....... you need the serial keypad enabled if it's not then you need a new DAT file.
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

Mark..
    The version of the HB04 that works with WinCNC is sold by the OEM's. The drivers have been developed by WinCNC and activated by an ($) option for the keypad. They have a WinCNC keypress screen on them, not the generic. Depending on your version of WinCNC, you may be able to get activation of your generic one thru SS, but you want have a matching face.
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

Thanks Gary,
    I had spoken with wincnc (they are right up the road from me) about the old keypad option that cost a fortune. I did notice in the video I posted that his pendant had a wincnc face on the pendant. I will chat with SS and Wincnc Monday.

Thanks

Mark...
    I was present when the old serial version was installed and saw it work. And have tested and run the XHC version. Both worked well, but considering the price vs. function differences, I will go with the XHC.
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

Update on this one..

Got the HB04 on line today. Added several lines for handy functions that werent in my scrn file and man o man what a game changer just in a few hours this morning. It wont be anything that really helps us on panel processing but doing all the solids work we been doing with flattening odd pieces and glue ups, major major time saver. Not having to return to the computer (just 5 steps from the end of the machine) makes all the difference alone. Being able to adjust feeds and spindle speed right at the work is super handy too. I like that there are a lot of free buttons not used that I can program to anything I'd like.

Once I get it to where I think I will leave it I am going to look into printing decal of some sort that I can apply over the existing keypad to have custom titles for the buttons. That would be a really nice feature for a pendant and if they did away with the embossed buttons on the keypad. Really handy.

Takes some getting use to but at this point its a winner for me.