Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you store you bandsaw blades?

Mine are coiled, but they are hung over just about anything anywhere in this hell hole I call a shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    Mine are coiled, but they are hung over just about anything anywhere in this hell hole I call a shop.
    I can relate....
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

tri-coiled, tied with the wire twist-tie that they came with (they're Timberwolf blades), and then hung over a support leg on my home made wood storage rack. It's not pretty, but it puts them out of the way yet still close to my bandsaw. If you look to the background of the picture below (my first attempts at building boxes with finger joints), you'll see them hanging up.

finger joints.jpg
    Last edited by Mike Ontko; 03-22-2018 at 10:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    3 coils and a binder clip large enough to clear the teeth. The little handles make good hanger-loops but, mostly the looped blade ends up on a dowel.

Magnet Thingy (5).jpg

I have a few of these dowels screwed to magnetic wreath holders. You can get the wreath holders for a buck at the BORG in the after Christmas clearance . . . remote switches/outlets for your fan or small vac too.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 03-22-2018 at 10:55 AM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I just hang mine on a long screw driven into the lower plate in my basement shop. Mine aren't that long - 111".

I have a band saw mill and hundreds of blades. I found that it takes up less room to put blades inside each other. Very easy to do and then you can hang up one coil with 20 blades inside each other.

Back when they were younger, my kids all loved, loved, loved Legos. Of course, that also meant the occasional midnite Lego minefield. So now, as payback, every couple of months I sneak into their room and toss a bandsaw blade in. Love that "sproingggggg" it makes as it uncoils. When I need the blade, I just go into the room and it's invariably under the bloodiest piece of clothing on the floor.

It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.