Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NorEaster: how’d you make out?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Moyer View Post
    So just an ordinary winter day then, huh Lee?
    We are at 171.9 inches and still going for this winter an all time record.
    Erie.jpg
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Got 4" out of projected 8-12" in central NJ. Even 4" flatten the shrubberies and broke some tree limbs. No power loss. Got lucky, again!

Only about 8" here but lots of trees down with the very heavy snow. Power just came back on after a ~20 hour outage.

It's been a warm winter here in NM. Snowfall total is probably less than 2" at our house. (5700' elevation).
    69* today. I have major sympathies for you guys.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Camire View Post
    They forcast 8-14" here in NH we got 16". The stuff was on the heavy side. The real problem was that once the tires went over the snow it packed down and was very slippery. I had to be careful to not get the truck stuck. Ended up using the tractor in some places.
    For my northern friends, this is the type snow we get here, and do you understand why we stay home?

hmm lets see it was about 78 here and sunny todayMy daughter hates me when I tell her that , shes in NH and got about 12'' of heavy wet snow
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I am 50 miles north of Baltimore MD in PA. We were supposed to have 5 to 9 inches. Got a half inch on the grass and it melted before evening. The storm before, gave us a little coating of snow also. Power went out because stooges are still permitted to plant trees under and near power lines. I think it your tree goes down and causes an outage, you should be billed for the clean up and repair. There would be far fewer outages. I went to a lot of expense to bury my power line, phone line and cable. If my power goes out, it will not be because of anything on my property. I cut my trees away from the lines 20 years ago and will not let them grow any closer than 30 feet. I saw where a large number of poles went down. That is the power companies fault for poor infrastructure.

Lastly, if YOU did not prepare for the event of an outage, then shame on YOU! flashlights, batteries, lanterns, voltage inverters, etc are fairly cheap. A gallon of water, Peanut butter and a loaf of bread will get you through a couple days. You can get through it even easier with a little more planning.