Thread: How to or where to order

How to or where to order

I have a client that is requesting an acrylic panel with seafoam green carbon fiber look. I would rather the carbon fiber be on the back side, second surface, so I can laser it off in places for back lighting. I've thought about having it hydro dipped and then put a seafoam green base coat on and I've thought about having it uv printed. How would you go about this?

Thank you,
    Trey
    Universal 60w VLS6.60 w/ rotary
    RayFine 30w MOPA
    Corel X8, Photoshop

Fab shop with South Bend Heavy 10, Bridgeport 9x42, 185a welder and a multitude of supporting tools/equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Tull View Post
    I have a client that is requesting an acrylic panel with seafoam green carbon fiber look. I would rather the carbon fiber be on the back side, second surface, so I can laser it off in places for back lighting. I've thought about having it hydro dipped and then put a seafoam green base coat on and I've thought about having it uv printed. How would you go about this?

Thank you,
    Trey
    John Blazy is one of the guys on here from time to time that is doing a lot of stuff with Carbon Fiber and textures / colors. I'm not sure if any of it is laser-able or not, but he can probably point you in the right direction either way.

I don't think there is a way to tag him on this post directly, but you might track him down and send him a private message with your questions. Or, his website is www.Dichrolam.com if you want to try to get a hold of him that way instead.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

I'd UV print that all day long. Very easy to do, providing you have the graphic.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.