Thread: Help Please - 12 X 24 Sheet of Adhesive Felt

Help Please - 12 X 24 Sheet of Adhesive Felt

Hey everyone, long time no talk. I was wondering if anyone can tell me where I can get the 12 X 24 sheets of self adhesive felt, like you would use to put on the bottom of things? Any help is much appreciated.
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

I have had these previously, we cut them with the laser but I had a MAJOR computer crash and lost everything and it has been so long ago I can't remember where we got them

Thanks for any input.

~Zelma~
    God Bless,
    Texas

You might give these people a call.

http://www.nationalvelour.com/flocke...n-markets.html
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I use lots of felt for my phonograph, piano, and organ work. It stays adhered much better if you use plain felt and glue it on. I use hide or fish glue for eventual ease of removal, but I suspect most anything will work. The sticky-backed stuff doesn't stay stuck after a while, coming loose at the edges in a few weeks or months and falling off completely after a few years. (Made that mistake big time years ago!)

I get mine from Organ Supply , but I think they only sell to the trade. Good woven wool felt is hard to find other than at specialty suppliers it seems.

Rockler lists black and green, I think they used to have more colors
    http://www.rockler.com/pressure-sensitive-felt-sheets
    Trotec Speedy 400 80 watt

You might also consider the possibility of using regular felt and adhering it with something like 3M spray adhesive. Especially if that ends up being more cost effective.

I've used the 3M 77 spray adhesive for a couple little projects with cork and vinyl seat cushions (no it was not laser cut!) attached to both wood and painted metal and that stuff works amazingly well.

Personally I've never had great luck with stuff that comes with a glue back, especially if I'm not going to be able to use it all immediately. Storage of even a few months always seems to give me trouble.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

Hey, thank you everyone. I found some on Amazon, of all places. This is not where I ordered them from originally but for the life of me I can't remember where that was but I do know it was a company, not Amazon. Once again thank you for your help, you have never let me down. I hope everyone is doing good.

~Zelma~
    God Bless,
    Texas