Thread: Fleece bags

Fleece bags

Fleece bags for dust extractors I am not understanding them if you buy a dust extractor and use fleece bags you can empty them and reuse??

Are you talking about felt bags? On a 1.5hp DC they are used as the top bag(filter) and the lower bag that catches the wood chips is usually plastic. When the felt bag gets dirty wack it with a stick a few times to knock the caked dust inside into the lower bag. Then take it outside and turn it inside out and shake it.

No I am sorry for not being clear about what I was asking I mean the fleece bags for the festool and the fein.

The fleece bags are throw away.
    https://www.festoolusa.com/accessory...-sc-fis-ct-265

One of the nice touches is that they have a tab that closes them as you take it out, so that the dust is contained in the bag while emptying it.

To reuse you need the much more expensive long life bag:
    https://www.festoolusa.com/accessory...life-fis-ct-26

I reuse the Festool fleece bags by slitting one end and re-closing the bag by folding the end and using binder clips to close it (in similar fashion to the long life bag).
    Dick Mahany.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Mahany View Post
    I reuse the Festool fleece bags by slitting one end and re-closing the bag by folding the end and using binder clips to close it (in similar fashion to the long life bag.
    Sounds good as long as you can seal back OK
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 03-08-2018 at 9:05 AM. Reason: fixed quote tagging

Chris, if you're buying a higher end dust extractor such as a Fein or Festool, you're concerned about the hazards of fine dust, as you should be.

One of the reasons to use the bags with the sealable port is to minimize your exposure to fine dust when disposing of it. There's no point in protecting yourself from the fine dust during the extraction process and then inhale a cloud of the stuff when trying to empty a bag.

The bags aren't expensive, seal them up when full and dispose of them safely.............Regards, Rod.

Ok I understand but you can also get paper bags and some of them say a one time plastic looking bag there is where the confusion comes in. It throws me by saying a one time bag??

The (expensive) one-time re-useable bag is only for large pieces of debris, nothing fine. Might be a good thing to get if you already have the Oneida Dust Deputy in a Systainer.

Seems like you'd need a second vacuum to clean it out otherwise...

Ultimate dust deputy works well with reg bags too.

Another good way to close bags is cut a slit into a piece of pvc. Slip it over the folded end.