Thread: craigs list question

craigs list question

I know a lot of people on here use craigs list so I thought maybe someone could give me some advice. I have used cl several times in the past to sell things. I have never bought anything on it. yesterday I typed in the web address and a message came up "This ip has been automatically blocked. I if you have questions please email, followed by a long email address". I did that last night and havnt heard anything back and I still cant get on the website. Has anyone else had this experience or have advice about what I should do? I have a couple of items I would really like to list and sell. Thanks in advance. Jared

Never seen that before. Did you type the website, or use the suggested “link”. Also, is it a personal computer? Or work?

Kevin

Are you using a VPN or PIA? The PIA I use stops me from getting to CL.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Also, are you trying to access CL from work? I once had an issue accessing CL from my work network for a week or two.
    Blood, sweat, and sawdust

Try a different device - phone, tablet, different computer, etc.

An update on my problem. I am using a pc at home, non-business related. I was attempting to access craigslist via internet explorer and was unable to. I tried using chrome last night and it worked fine, I was able to put my listing up without any problems. I have had a somewhat similar problem trying to get onto my banks website to check my accounts. The explorer doesn't work very well but chrome does. Thanks for the help. jared

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jared herbert View Post
    An update on my problem. I am using a pc at home, non-business related. I was attempting to access craigslist via internet explorer and was unable to. I tried using chrome last night and it worked fine, I was able to put my listing up without any problems. I have had a somewhat similar problem trying to get onto my banks website to check my accounts. The explorer doesn't work very well but chrome does. Thanks for the help. jared
    This is my main reason for having three browsers on my machine. It is also interesting to compare how different browsers display a site.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Sounds like a security setting or something on IE.

You're not the first person to have this problem: https://www.google.com/search?&q=craigslist+blocked+ip

The best non-technical solution seems to be wait it out.

But it makes me nervous when you say it also happened with your bank. If a web browser is trying to keep you from doing something I wouldn't try too hard to do it anyway without knowing what's going on. In the case of Craigslist, if you are sure you were emailing Craigslist it was probably legitimate but you should keep your internet paranoia level high these days.

Quote Originally Posted by jared herbert View Post
    Dump explorer. Chrome does it all better, and I'm 95% sure that Microsoft no longer supports or maintains IE since it switched to Edge (at least I think it's called Edge).
    Epilog Fusion M2 40 Watt CO2 Laser

I didn't know people still used IE LOL I dumped that many many years ago. Firefox or chrome both work fine for me
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander