Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Blasphemy! Another Glowforge Post!

There's some kind of weird temporal vortex around Kev's house.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    Likely the most dangerous garbage on the market, 445nm blinds permanently for fun and gives no second chances. The mechanism for damage from 445 is 20x that of a CO2 laser (Based on photon energy)
    The eye will focus any strays onto the macula lutea making the damage non fixable (unlike a cheap shot from a co2 that burns the eye lens)

I cannot in all honesty slate these 445's enough, they are dreadful ,dangerous garbage that should be purged from the laser community

On the GF Chase?

@$2,000 probably worth a punt as you only want it for giggles, @$4,000 not a hope

Like any tool. If precautions are not taken care of it can be dangerous. Through some are more dangerous then others.
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

Is Kev's Head OKHe done a lot of knockin on it lately ?
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Pace View Post
    Like any tool. If precautions are not taken care of it can be dangerous. Through some are more dangerous then others.
    The problem with 445's is folks look at them and think, "oh it's only 1 watt" but in that wavelength that 1 watt will blind permanently before the user can blink. At least stuff like circular saws and planers etc *look* dangerous, some of these Chinese 1 watt gizmo's look like toys and a few folks will treat them like toys then wonder why the world has gone black
    You did what !

The GCC as Gary says is 30 watts, the rebuilt tube in the little ULS is 25 watts (but tested at 31, I even got a printed graph of the test ), my LS900 is 40 watts...
    And ironically, 80%+ of the time these machines run they're doing raster duty, they don't cut much, and even less since I got the Triumph. The irony is I always assumed cutting was harder on the tubes, but Dave says the opposite is true due to the constant on/off pulsing that goes on when rastering, which makes sense...

And just an FYI, one of the times the LS900 WAS cutting, the fly in my avatar was walking around inside the cabinet... notice he's missing a wing?

Temporal Vortex, lol... Sounds too much like a fancy toilet
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Goog point