Thread: Unorthodox use of the tools

Exclamation Unorthodox use of the tools

My seldom used Makita Multitool had some action today... as an "ultrasonic cleaner".

While washing my electric shaver today morning I had the idea to make a decent cleaning for the cut head. Besides some running water it never saw an actual cleaning and lubrication since I bought it some years ago. As we do not have an ultrasonic cleaning machine I wandered if I could use either my ROS or multitool and an inox bow with some water and kitchen detergent (closed hermetically with a plastic lead to avoid any catastrophe). I set the multitool for the highest oscillation rate. The tool was kindly attached to one of the wises from my workbench. Turned it on.

Friends, it works! Great results after just a few minutes.

Although I embrace the idea of "the right tool for each application", I like sometimes to stretch slightly its domain. Nothing extreme like to use a screw driver as a hammer, but the example of the multitool stretching application of today is not unique for me. I have made similar things in the past.

I would like to listen from you. Firstly if you also stretch the tool uses sometimes and if yes, what kind of application in particular.

Thank you in advance for your contribution!
    Last edited by Osvaldo Cristo; 03-17-2018 at 1:31 PM. Reason: typo error, as usual...

I think we all watched belt sander races in school shop classes. The free harbor freight screwdriver sets I have used to pull weeds out of the dirt.
    Bill D

My multitool has quickly become one of my favorite tools. I am flipping a house right now and can't imagine not having it on the jobsite. Today I had to cut some through joists off flush with the rim joist that were holding up a dilapidated deck we tore down. Made quick work of it with my multitool. Hands down, it has been the most valuable tool on site.