Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bandsaw, I GOT IT, I GOT IT 😁😁😁😁

Bandsaw, I GOT IT, I GOT IT 😁😁😁😁

Well guys im pretty sure I got a great deal on a bandsaw. I've been asking a lot of questions about bandsaws lately. Im so thankful for your replies to all my questions. My search for a larger bandsaw has come to a end. I'd found a minmax s45 for $1000 and the advice you gave me was to let it go at that price so I did🙂. I came across a older Delta 20" that had seen some outside neglect for $700. You advised I let it go so I did🙂. I put an ad in Craigslist asking if there was any body wanting to sell their larger bandsaw. Well someone in Chico CA messaged me this morning. He said he had a 15 year old Laguna LT 16 bandsaw that was made in Italy he wanted to sell. He sent me a pic of a new Laguna 16 bandsaw with a new price of $3750. I sent him a message back saying that he had a great saw but I couldn't afford it. Then I decided to give him a call. I only had $1000. I called him, he said he wanted$1200. I told him that I only had $1000 and that I'd try and get more money and call him back. He said he'd take $1000. Saw has only been used for about 10 hours. It's a Laguna LT 16 Star. 3 hp motor. Im currently sitting in my mini van with a bandsaw that's worth 3 times what my vans worth. okay guys did I get a good deal. I feel good.😃

Good for you!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Yippee!!!! Celebrate.

You did well sir. That is a nice saw.
    earl

That was a great find.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

Oooh....nice score! Congratulations! Being persistent pays off sometimes!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Good stuff Bryan. Have fun.
    David

I'm looking at my pitiful old Delta 14" and feeling so low. Enjoy!
    Real American Heros don't wear Capes, they wear Dogtags.

Nice! Good luck with it.

Thanks everybody, I've only heard it run for a minute. This saw is SO quite. SO smooth. I love the mobility system. I can drag it around the shop with ease. I've never seen guides like this. Should input Carter guides on it. It came with several blades. They didn't look like they were anything special. I have a Kreg fence. Should I install it on this saw. The saw has a fence but it looks pretty basic. I'm so excited🏆saw❤

Sound's like a bargain.... didn't happen if there's no evidence though
    Congratulations
    Tom

Hi Tom, I can't figure out how to post pictures. I've only got a few of the saw while it was laying down before the ride home. Fir some reason I can't see anybody else's pics from my phone either. I've got all the original paperwork but not the receipt. I've got a little pamphlet for the motor in the original plastic wrapper it days TM. Motori . It's real I promise.😀

Think if runs good would get good blade and run a while before start throwing money at. But got great deal.

Blog Entries
    I see no saw. Creekers Rule: No pics, Didn't happen .

Of course believe it happened. Even in our text-bound forum world your thread cannot hide your enthusiasm and excitement. Congrats!
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I'm with Eugene--work stock for a bit. The ceramic guides are a little different, but it didn't take long for me to like them. I think your stock fence face is a "high-low" which is great for cutting thin stock narrow (near the fence)--the guides can come all the way down to the cut that way, instead of leaving them higher because the fence is in the way.
    earl