Thread: Wife’s CNC progress

Wife’s CNC progress

After researching small format cnc’s last year we decided we would like to go for something a little bigger than a bench top machine and in November came across a used Camaster SR-34 X3 which we ended up purchasing. I have been busy since then with kitchen cabinets so haven’t had a chance to do anything on it but my wife has really taken to it. It’s a pretty steep learning curve but she has made some good progress with it.
    Lorne

Nice work, Lorne!

David
    David
    CurlyWoodShop on Etsy, David Falkner on YouTube, difalkner on Instagram

Looks like she caught on to that CNC thing quite well, let's hope you can keep up!
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

Lorne,

That's a very nice machine and it will serve you well for a very long time. Welcome to you and your wife to our CNC Operators family.

She is doing great. Looks like we have a Sask Riders fan.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. We are looking forward to the Aspire camp at Mcgrew’s and hopefully I will have progressed beyond changing collets and preparing boards for my wife’s projects. We are Rider fans and do bleed green!
    Lorne

My wife was a professional designer for 30 years until she retired a couple of years ago. She is responsible for all of our visual designs. I consider her the irreplaceable part of our little CNC routing business. I am just the technician. She knows how to use all the major illustration programs. She is pretty fair at using Vcarve pro but I usually do the final configuration before cutting. We currently use a Stinger SR-23 but I am planning on upgrading to a bigger machine once our new shop is finished.

That's really great that your better half is enjoying such a great machine! (I'm anxiously awaiting my SR-44 to be "born") Her work so far looks awesome!

I look forward to meeting you at McGrews!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

That is so cool! I wish I could get my wife interested in cnc.
    Do you use the X3 option very much? Nice machine!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Abosolutley love the X3 option and it is used on almost every job. Basically like having a 3 position tool changer.
    Lorne

Nice pieces, I really wanted a camaster, but wanted full 4x8 so went cnc routerparts to do kitchen cabinets. Good finish job.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Hankins View Post
    Nice pieces, I really wanted a camaster, but wanted full 4x8 so went cnc routerparts to do kitchen cabinets. Good finish job.
    Camaster's lineup goes all the way up to 5x12...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Camaster's lineup goes all the way up to 5x12...
    Capability was not the challenge, a 4x8 system was 3 times my CNCrouterparts 4x8 fully loaded plug-n-play. They are sweet(camaster), had to give up the built in rotary axis, that was a bummer, but just outside my budget. I waited for a used unit but none came close to my budget.