Thread: Quick question about a Sawstop and installing a router

Quick question about a Sawstop and installing a router

Howdy!! I just picked up a router plate and am going to install it in the wing of my PCS Sawstop. Looking at the layout of the wing, the only way it will fit between the supports in the melamine part is to turn it 90 degrees, so basically you would be routing along the shorter end if you stand at the end of the table. Looks outta place to me. Thoughts before I route it in in the morning?

Here is an attempt at a picture download_20180303_200911.jpg

Shouldn’t be a problem. If it really grinds you cut the support out and add a couple new ones at each end of the router cutout.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Palmowski View Post
    Howdy!! I just picked up a router plate and am going to install it in the wing of my PCS Sawstop. Looking at the layout of the wing, the only way it will fit between the supports in the melamine part is to turn it 90 degrees, so basically you would be routing along the shorter end if you stand at the end of the table. Looks outta place to me. Thoughts before I route it in in the morning?
    Would this answer your query?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bza7k0eLG5U

Simon

Not to be rude, but he has a different saw, there wasn't the supports in the way.

I thought the table on his SawStop is the same as yours.

Simon

thanks for the input, but he has the contractor version. under mine is there is 3/4 birch in the ay of the plate being horizontal to the fence. Sorry if I am coming off rude, I'm not trying to.

Mike. I have my router installed as you mention and I find working on the short end to be preferable. You can use you tablesaw fence as a secondary router fence

Rebuld the table is what I did on a delta saw.

Mike:

here's a couple pictures of what i just put in my sawstop table...i've got an ICS with a 50" table. I should have taken a picture from underneath but essentially i positioned the router so that it's right in between the existing supports and i didn't need to cut/move any of them. Seems to work fine. i ended up cutting a recessed hole so that the head of those carriage bolts could be below the top of the table when i'm not using that yellow fence with the dust collection. I find i use the sawstop fence about 1/2 the time...i just have a piece of 3/4" MDF on the back side.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bob C

I cut my supports; but then added some back so that I had a mounting surface for a clean sweep underneath:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=incr...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Blog Entries
    Here is an attempt at a picture download_20180303_200911.jpg
    First I guess I should say that I have never understood the idea of reaching across the table from the tablesaw operator's position to run a router table as shown often:

router in the wrong place.JPG

Since you show your fence to the left of the router position I assume you will stand at the end of the table. This is what I do but, my router is on the left end of my saw.

All that being said, I would want more table in front of the router, room for a miter slot or t-slot for featherboards and all that. I put my router miter slot the same distance from the bit as my tablesaw miter slot is from the blade. This allows jigs and fixtures to be used interchangeably. This is moot for you as your feed direction will be opposite that of your tablesaw. I would not hesitate to replace the supplied table with a shop made one if that better suited my needs.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    I would not (and did not) use the OEM table because it's not very strong and will surely sag in time. I laminated 3 layers of 18mm BB ply & covered both faces with plastic laminate to make an entirely new extension table.