Thread: Where online do you buy clock parts?

Where online do you buy clock parts?

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a few good places to order clock hands and motors. I have a order for a clock that needs 5" hands and can not find them. I did try clockparts.com and they don't have what I need. Thanks for the info.
    Terry
    Two T's Woodshop

Klockit and Clockparts.com. Both have a wide selection of all kinds of stuff, and the quality is good.

Oh, I didn't see that you already tried Clockparts, but try Klockit.

I am surprised that you can't find clock motors from clockparts. Try searching for "high torque clock movement". 5" hands should be relatively common. I also like to use continuous sweep movements to eliminate the annoying ticking with most battery clocks lately.
    Steve

Lee Valley has hands up to 4 1/8", but not 5", unfortunately. You may need to actually fabricate them yourself in larger sizes...use a smaller set for the motor end to get the holes the correct size.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Google is your friend. Do a search for 5" clock hands and the very first entry that shows up is Esslinger and they have large over sized clock hands that go all the way to 14" for the minute hand.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

You could try Merritt Clock. Google it.

Ronell Clock - they have lots of stuff and ship quickly.
    Jerry

"It is better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation" - Herman Melville