Thread: New Guy Starting Point

New Guy Starting Point

Hey everyone, a little bit of info about me:
    I work production for a pipe and drape company etching custom logos on our products, which is literally all anodized aluminum pipe. I'm the sole operator of this machine, and one of only two people here who "understand it". I started in June 2k17, and we got the Epilog M2 Fusion about a month after I started. (Was actually hired specifically for this)
    Since starting, I've, of course, had to deal with a huge learning curve. Thankfully, I discovered all you incredibly wonderful people. This forum has helped me solve many obstacles without even needing to be a member, or bug Epilog support for (again lol), and helped me become more knowledgable about my machine. So thank you all, I look forward to learning more and more about this trade, and hope to soon be able to help others.
    Epilog Fusion M2 40 Watt CO2 Laser

Welcome to the fun place.
    Two T's Woodshop

Where in Georgia are you Chase? I live in Flowery Branch and have an office in Suwanee.

Chase
    Welcome to SMC.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

If the knowledge and advice you received here were of any value to you , you might consider becoming a contributor.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Wow small world Gary! I live in Cumming but work in Suwanee.
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
    And yes Bert, I plan on becoming a contributor here soon.

Welcome Chase, we have a great group here and so much knowledge. When I joined back in '08 I took the time to read through every post on here, that was my education. I have a feeling there may be a few more posts to read than there were in '08 though! Lol! Just do some searches and you should find what you need most of the time.
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Phillips View Post
    Welcome Chase, we have a great group here and so much knowledge. When I joined back in '08 I took the time to read through every post on here, that was my education. I have a feeling there may be a few more posts to read than there were in '08 though! Lol! Just do some searches and you should find what you need most of the time.
    I've found that to be an incredibly accurate statement. Proud to say I have scrolled through every page here!