Thread: problems with thread display

problems with thread display

Hi,
    For the longest time, every time I would log in, I would see only new threads highlighted. This was very convenient as I knew if threads had been updated. However, some time ago this seemed to stop and now page after page of threads are highlighted as new even though I have reviewed the forum. Is there something I can do to bring me back to the prior setting? thanks, bob

Bob,

I may be wrong but I think that changed with the last Vbulletin upgrade. I have the same problem.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    That feature was lost a while back. However, you can get the same result if you remember to go up to the top of the page where it says "Forum Actions" and click on "Mark Forums Read". Then the next time you come back it will highlight only those posts where new material has been added.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

thanks guys, I will try that

Yea, I got into the habit of "marking forums read" after each time I cruise through what I wanted to see. This issue will go away once the forum software conversion happens.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...