Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People wear this stuff?

People wear this stuff?

First, what kind of mind thinks this stuff up?
    Second, who, in their right mind would wear it?
    Just who thinks the designer is famous? For what?
    https://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...sp&cnt=&or=scn
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Blog Entries
    The kids in your profile picture think it's quite trendy.

Lol. Ya got me.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    First, what kind of mind thinks this stuff up?
    Second, who, in their right mind would wear it?
    Just who thinks the designer is famous? For what?
    https://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...sp&cnt=&or=scn
    Some of it looks like proof we are being colonized by extraterrestrials.

Of course having a long pillow tied around your neck means you can take a nap anywhere.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

It's the women's version of concept cars.

Nobody actually wears those extreme fashions that walk in the haute couture fashion shows. They are pretty much one-offs and more for "oh, wow" to get a name noticed. The stuff that the same designers most often sell to the general public that can afford their wares, while occasionally being eye opening, isn't quite so over-the-top. The same thing occurs in many other industries...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Every year it gets more difficult to do something new to get noticed. Other fields have the same challenges: art, music, "multimedia", games, multimedia, furniture, turnings, interior design, ....

I must admit that sometimes I have the same reaction to some woodworking projects I see photos of in magazines.

I believe it is the role of the designer or artist regardless of the field to expand the vocabulary, we don't have to use the new designs but in some fashion it helps us grow or frees us up to try anew.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    I must admit that sometimes I have the same reaction to some woodworking projects I see photos of in magazines.
    That happens to me too, like all the time.

Those fashions are what a southerner I know would describe as "Butt Ugly".
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I tried to come up with a comment that would not seem overly negative, trite or just obnoxious. I posted one of my favorite quotes from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, then deleted it as it too seemed to derogatory.

I will just say that not every idea should be followed up on, not every design should be completed.
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck

Maybe the designer lost a bet.

I tried to come up with a comment that would not seem overly negative, trite or just obnoxious.
    I wouldn't sweat it.....
    Even Lucy and Ethel poked fun at the goofy fashion world 50 years ago.

You'd be in good company.

IIRC, didn't the Three Stooges do a skit about goofy fashions too?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Nobody actually wears those extreme fashions that walk in the haute couture fashion shows. They are pretty much one-offs and more for "oh, wow" to get a name noticed. The stuff that the same designers most often sell to the general public that can afford their wares, while occasionally being eye opening, isn't quite so over-the-top. The same thing occurs in many other industries...

this is true. These design shows also serve as idea meetings for new designs. A designer, who is in the audience might pick up new idea from a scarf or a shoe, etc that was worn during the show.
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Blog Entries
    Wow! I think that's really cool. I can't imagine anyone would actually wear that out, but I don't think that's the point.