Thread: Scroll Chucks- Quality?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Scroll Chucks- Quality?

NewJaws3.jpgI have two SuperNova chucks.. an original and the 2. I have recently purchased a set of Nova Cole plates and they definitely do NOT line up properly.. They are un-numbered and supposed to fit on any position. I contacted Teknatool and they promptly sent me out a new set. Same thing, and tested on both chuck bodies. I've responded to CS with pictures and they are moving the problem up the line. Their CS is great IMO.

Now, the reason for the post.

Is there any difference between manufacturers of chucks? I know Robust has a good name and the price for their chucks are not much more than the NOVA's What I would like to find out from people who have BOTH in their shops.. what is your conclusion.
    Are the machining jobs and fit any better on the Robust? Are the "cole jaws" any better? The Nova cole jaws are not machined at all, which may be a problem. I know there is warpage in them as can be seen by putting a straight edge over them.

Any help appreciated. I hope the next comment is not a put off.. but...If you don't have both for comparison, your comments will likely not help me much

Thanks for any help

Bill
    Spinzwood in Santa Rosa, CA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Splaine; 02-28-2018 at 4:24 PM.