Thread: Help Identifying Odds & Ends I Inherited

Help Identifying Odds & Ends I Inherited

Hello,

I posted a similar thread to this some time ago that was very successful, but I have a feeling that this one will be a little tougher. I inherited many tools from my Grandpa in 2014. For the last few years, I have had a box of odds and ends that I couldn't place. I am now ready to dispose of them unless I can identify what they are. I have four things - probably long shots for a few of them - that I ask your help to identify.

Unknown Tool: The round metal disc at the end can be unscrewed, and has tiny little bearings under it that are free to fall out if you aren't careful.

Fences: These are clearly rip fences. I am able to find similar fences on Sear's website. One would think that, with the website, I could figure out what tool they go to, but I cannot for the life of me do that. It says they're a table saw fence, but the table saw I inherited is a sizable PorterCable. Do these things work on other Sears tools as well? I just can't make them fit on any of my tools I inherited. Maybe he got rid of the tool they belonged to, but then it's strange that he had two and kept them.

Black Plastic Guide Things: No idea what these are for. Having three makes me think I'm missing one. These are almost certainly trash bound unless someone can enlighten me.

Mystery Knob: Two pictures of this one. The end has a some sort of gauge on it to measure the turn.

Thank you in advance for shedding any wisdom here!
    Attached Images Attached Images

1) Glass cutter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_i=12896601

2) Look too short to be rip fences for a table saw. Maybe for a little tile saw or something.

3)

4) Height elevation knob for a table-mounted router: https://www.thewoodknight.com/wp-con...130908_004.jpg

The fence could be from a bandsaw. Agreed with Dan for the others.

Yeah, that second photo looks a lot like the fence on a 10 inch bandsaw I used to have.

Thank you gentlemen! Much appreciated.

How about #3 being guides for drilling shelf pin holes?
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.