Thread: Video Drivers

1. Video Drivers

I recently updated my video drivers and discovered that a lot of my other drivers were out of date. Do I really need to keep them updated all the time? Will I notice any improvements in speed or features if I have the latest versions?

I keep mine up to date generally, but I would suggest that if everything on your PC is working OK, leave well enough alone.

If you do decide to update drivers, go to the hardware maker's website and get the newest drivers for your hardware. Don't use the ones included in Windows update.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

I update drivers only if there is a reason to. I never install the automatic driver download programs.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by ingrid carley View Post
    I recently updated my video drivers and discovered that a lot of my other drivers were out of date. Do I really need to keep them updated all the time? Will I notice any improvements in speed or features if I have the latest versions?
    As a general rule for myself if the computer functions well and gives no issues then updating the video drivers or any other driver is probably not necessary. As was mentioned already avoid programs that will do this update for you.