Thread: More praise for Lee Valley

More praise for Lee Valley

3 years ago, I bought a really nice LED light for the shop. Link.

A couple weeks ago it failed and despite several attempts to revive it, I couldn't. Now I LOVE this light. It does exactly what I need and I use it all the time. So I called LV hoping to buy a replacement part. I was prepared to buy a whole new light if they didnt have any way to do that.

To my surprise, they decided to send me a whole new light - gratis. He only asked me to ship the old one back with a label he was including with the new light.

A small thing. But yet another reason that LV is my favorite tool supplier.

Fred
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 02-27-2018 at 8:03 PM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Yea, they are a class act 100% through.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Wow-that's awesome customer service! For future reference, dirty battery contacts are often the culprit. A light cleaning with fine sandpaper might revive the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Takae View Post
    Wow-that's awesome customer service! For future reference, dirty battery contacts are often the culprit. A light cleaning with fine sandpaper might revive the light.
    Thanks Gene! Yah, that's one of the things I tried. But no luck at all this time.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    I am a fan. I even buy things from LV that I can get elsewhere just because of the customer service.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I am a fan. I even buy things from LV that I can get elsewhere just because of the customer service.
    Same here...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

They've been my favorite for many years..........Only one problem, they recently established a new distribution center much closer to CA and shipping is usually only 2 days now.......that's a problem for my wallet.
    Dick Mahany.

I like how they send a prepaid return label with every order so if there is a problem it's no hassle to get it back to them...

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Yup. Lots of companies should take a lesson here.

Moreover, it's a company I feel good about spending money with, since I know that it goes to support a firm which pays its workers fairly and equitably.

I wish more companies were as up-front, and ethical about this --- if you haven't read this article, it's a well worth it:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle15472738/

(and I'm fortunate to work for a family-owned business which has similar ethics/attitudes on compensation)

Quote Originally Posted by William Adams View Post
    Moreover, it's a company I feel good about spending money with, since I know that it goes to support a firm which pays its workers fairly and equitably.

I wish more companies were as up-front, and ethical about this --- if you haven't read this article, it's a well worth it:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle15472738/

(and I'm fortunate to work for a family-owned business which has similar ethics/attitudes on compensation)
    What a great article! Thanks for posting it William.

Fred