Thread: Extra Cool Shop Cart

Extra Cool Shop Cart

I was browsing videos and ran across a video of this "MFSC" Multi-Function Shop Cart. Multi-Function is certainly a word that fits this thing.

https://youtu.be/EWEdrBdbBhg
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

If I had more room in the shop I'd definitely build it. I have the plans waiting...

Tim's a smart guy with a gorgeous shop.

That shop cart is very clever and innovative. Even though I don't have room for one in my shop, I bought the plans last year from Tim anyway as I'd love to build one for a friend. I don't normally buy plans as I prefer to design my own, however his plans, Sketchup model, and documentation is absolutely first class. He has designed a mobile Multi Function Table/Systainer cart also and it is equally innovative. This guy has talent.
    Dick Mahany.

Isn't that the cart that Jim Becker has a thread about in the Projects forum?

Yea I saw this when he posted it last November. Pretty cool except when you need more than one of those functions at the same time. Thats the only problem with replacing too many functions with only one option. When you need an MFT table your all in one is tied up as a drying rack. Designs like these look awesome in videos but I dont think they are always as functional as they seem after you actually build them.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Yes, it's a project I had going and it's mostly built. Very versatile for sure. Subsequent to the work I completed, I decided to jump into CNC and my shop isn't going to have the space to physically support the MFST. But I just decided the other day, that I'm going to put it upstairs in an area that I may need to use for additional assembly space. It will come in handy for that.

Timothy is a great guy and his designs are very thoughtful. It's pretty kewel that he brought his business to where it is in only a few years, too. I wish him much continued success.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...