Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hennebury View Post
Hi Lee,

The forum is a social meeting place where we come to meet, discuss, debate, joke around, keep in-touch, learn and exchange ideas, participate or just sit back and watch the show.

A couple of days ago this thread had 10,560 views it is now up to 12,355 with active participation daily, hardly seems to me that it has run its course.

I don't understand Why anyone would want to see a thread end that has continued interest and participation; maybe you could explain that to me.

It is not mandatory for anyone to participate, so the ones that do are doing so willingly.

No need to kill it, or try hurry up its demise by telling us to move on, it will die of natural causes when interest ceases.
There's a common perception that forums need to be "managed" and that you will lose viewers if you let things "get out of control." I've found the exact opposite with every place I've modded or been an admin. Maybe it's different demographics, I don't know. But that's the answer to your question on why forums are quick to shut down dissent or even just minor crap-talk among members.