Thread: Incra vs Woodpecker T-Square

Incra vs Woodpecker T-Square

I'm always on the lookout for a better way to make straight lines and came across the Incra T-Rule and the Woodpecker T-Square. I like the idea of the machined holes for drawing straight lines. Before I drop $115 at most, does anyone have experience with either of these items? Are there alternatives?

Justin:

There are alternatives, including holding a pencil at the end of a sliding square or making a t-shaped guide with a hole positioned exactly where you need the mark to be.

I have been using the Incra T-Rule for years and find it very useful. Fast, precise, repeatable - three of my parameters for choosing tools.

I have the 6 inch model; I have also bought the 12 inch version (on a day when my 6 inch rule had "decided to avoid eye contact with me") but have not unpacked it yet. Not sure that I will keep it.

J.

I use my 12" Incra t-rule all the time, probably just second to my combo square for layouts. My starrett rule in the combo square is hard to read so if I need accuracy for layouts I grab the t-rule. My pencil lead breaks on just about every line I draw, which is kind of annoying, but maybe my mechanical pencils are just cheap.

I also have the woodpecker's 32" t square that I use occasionally, but not near as often as the incra.

I have the 24” Woodpecker T-Rule and have the Incra T-Rules in 3”, 6”, 12”, 18”, 150mm & 300mm sizes. I’ve used the Woodpeckers only rarely for marking, much preferring the Incra rules when drawing parallel lines. The only advantage of th WP rule is the capability to use a thicker lead size, (Incra rules require a .5 lead), if you’re marking on A rougher surface.

YMMV

Clint