Thread: G1066 (Dual Drum Sander) up and running but I have a question about feed motor

G1066 (Dual Drum Sander) up and running but I have a question about feed motor

I purchased this a few weeks ago, the felt on the second roller was tore up pretty good. My wife had some Sheets of felt and gave me a few, I used spray adhesive and it glued up quickly and easily. I have the sandpaper on both rollers, I followed a few people on forums I read and drilled and tapped a 1/4-20 hole to hold the paper rather then using the clips. So far it seems to work great and was easy to put on.

My question is on the feed roller the chain rubs along a piece of the frame, If I tap the gear on the roller in the aluminum spacer no longer fits. any idea? should I just let the chain rub on the frame? it is slow moving.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good Morning,

does anyone have this sander that you can send me a picture of the gear/chain drive for the drive belt?

I have it adjusted ok, but it continually rubs on the black metal piece of the frame, is that ok? I could try either lowering the motor with a spacer, or the bracket that holds the aluminum spacer looks like it could be bent over about an 1/8 of an inch, that may give me the clearance I need.

Have you tried to turn the sprocket around so that the teeth are on the inside? Cal the aluminum spacer be turned 90 degrees or shortened?