Thread: Can you raise a PCS SawStop on ICS mobile base?

Can you raise a PCS SawStop on ICS mobile base?

As mentioned in another thread, my current saw (ts3650) and workbench are 36.5 tall. PCS is 34. Even on the ICS base, it will add only 3/8 to height. I don’t want to lower my workbench, which is my outfeed table, nor would my back appreciate it. With saw having the 2 legs, raising makes it even more tricky.

Sawstop service says no, but curiously if others have an idea.

I went with a homemade base on mine. Four swiveling locking casters that uses all thread rod through the base's mounting system for the PCS base so I didn't have to drill into the cabinet (which you have to do for the ICS base).
    Just a Duffer

I have the PCS on the ICS base. I raised it about 6" by building a 2x4 frame with 2x6 across the top and painted black.

I raised it because I am 6' 3" with a bad back.

I have the ICS base, not for a saw but for a milling machine. (I like the hydraulic lift and the way it is in contact with the floor when lowered.) I'm building a base for the mill from welded steel to fit mill to the mobile base. I can't see why a steel riser can't be added to the bottom of the your saw to give the exact height you want with the ICS base, welding, bolting, or pinning the saw to the riser (I don't know the size or how the PCS is constructed) Maybe the conversion kit mentioned in a 5-13-2013 lumberjocks thread "SawStop MB-IND-000 Industrial Mobile Base" would help, incorporate a riser into that? - maybe this will make more sense to you knowing the specifics of the saw.

"Conversion from ICS to PCS: There is a conversion kit required (P/N MB-IND-500) to adapt the ICS base for use with a PCS saw. This is due to the increased length/width of the ICS cabinet vs the PCS cabinet. This kit consists of 2 shorter linkage bars (in the second picture, it’s the horizontal bar above the frame), 2 hold-down brackets and a hardware pack (screws, nuts, etc). ... After the conversion, the front-to-back distance that the “skids” the saw sits on is reduced and the left-right distance is taken up by the hold-down brackets...."

There is more in the thread.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
    I have the PCS on the ICS base. I raised it about 6" by building a 2x4 frame with 2x6 across the top and painted black
    How did you accommodate the support legs at the end of the table on the right? How did you extend those?

I do not support the legs and have had no problems.