Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I tend to skip by those threads with fairly non-descriptive titles. Titles like "Check this out", "Holy Cow", "Would you ever", and so forth often get passed by.
    glenn, I have adopted this tack, not looking at threads with titles such as : "Suggestions Needed," and "What Would You Do?" opting for more descriptive thread titles, where I have a better idea of what it's about before opening it. I find I have trimmed my time reviewing posts quite a bit and I can move on quicker. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I tend to skip by those threads with fairly non-descriptive titles. Titles like "Check this out", "Holy Cow", "Would you ever", and so forth often get passed by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonak Hawkins View Post
    glenn, I have adopted this tack, not looking at threads with titles such as : "Suggestions Needed," and "What Would You Do?" opting for more descriptive thread titles, where I have a better idea of what it's about before opening it. I find I have trimmed my time reviewing posts quite a bit and I can move on quicker. Thank you.
    Yet we all read the message "Am I the only one?"

I should add that I'm more likely to at least glance at an obscurely titled message in "Off Topic" than in General!
    Well, depending on my mood. And whether hay needs hauling or a log needs sawing.

JKJ

Threads that have vague titles, like this one. Would not have opened this one if the curser had not accidentally come to rest on it so I could read the first sentence.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    Threads that have vague titles, like this one. Would not have opened this one if the curser had not accidentally come to rest on it so I could read the first sentence.
    Accidentally, ok Larry, haha...

I do like the feature that lets you hover over a thread title to let you see the content. Very useful.

BTW, I almost feel compelled to apologize for using a click bait style title, you know, a title that you just have to click on to see what do they really mean. But what is the fun in that???
    NOW you tell me...

Blog Entries
    Safety threads bring out the worst in everyone.

If I see a simple question like “is it okay to use my tracksaw to cut plywood?” And there are 57 replies, yeah, I’m not going in there.

OK, I have to admit I was swayed by the title : "Yes, I am an idiot." I assumed I would identify.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Sawstop..... Any time that subject comes up, there will be heated arguments. Too many people in this country don't understand the difference between the meaning of the words, "discussion, debate and preaching". Two of those three words result in a winner and a loser.
    And the third results in two losers.

'Sawstop' is the new 'EZGuide'.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.