Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kundig edgesander

Kundig edgesander

Any one have a kundig edgesander and are they worth the money
    looking to replace a older edgesander with kundig it will be used for mainly sanding cabinet
    'door edges

I do... Uniq. Its a beast!
    Fit and finish is on par with Martin machinery.
    There is nothing I produce that doesn’t touch this machine.

Do you have the standard unique or s

I have the standard. I would think the “S” would be better for doing cabinet doors.

Do you use the jointing side and how accurate is it,can you run small parts like the ends of 5"wide drawer fronts

If you're just edge sanding doors, I'd look for something solid and older.

We've got one on order. I think it should be plenty solid at 1,050 pounds for a 45" x 32" footprint. For us, being able to remove a fixed amount per pass is a feature we look forward to having. It should make fitting inset doors a breeze.

Unfortunately this experience would be on my mind. Be interesting to hear your experience James.

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....ander-Disaster

James did you get the uniqu s

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Wing View Post
    Do you use the jointing side and how accurate is it,can you run small parts like the ends of 5"wide drawer fronts
    I have the old Samco / SCMI Unilev sander that is very similar. We feed through drawer faces on the jointing fence side using a power feeder. It is set up to remove about 0.010" per pass with 120 grit. I would not use it for short ends though. One other thing to keep in mind is that, like any jointer, it will produce a taper if there is any glue residue that causes one end to ride away from the infeed fence. So I use the open side for doing tops and bottoms of doors and the drawer face short sides.

The Kundig looks like an all-around improvement on the Unilev, so I'm interested to hear about the narrow sanding, too.
    JR

Quote Originally Posted by James Biddle View Post
    We've got one on order. I think it should be plenty solid at 1,050 pounds for a 45" x 32" footprint. For us, being able to remove a fixed amount per pass is a feature we look forward to having. It should make fitting inset doors a breeze.
    James, you beat me to it. For a machine with this footprint at 1000 lbs. I would say its plenty “solid”.
    “Old” is one thing its not.

I have the Unique S model with the feeder. What do you need to know?

Quote Originally Posted by John Sincerbeaux View Post
    James, you beat me to it. For a machine with this footprint at 1000 lbs. I would say its plenty “solid”.
    “Old” is one thing its not.
    An H5 weighs more than three times that.

I'm sure it's a nice edge sander, the jointer like setup is interesting, but for what they cost I'm not sure they're a very good value. Having a tiny platen is kinda useless too, so you're pretty much just getting the offset tables and enough platen for small parts.

Anthony
    how do you like the s do you use it for sanding door edges and how well does it work for edges

I absolutely love the machine. It has 2 sides, the veneer side fence is very adjustable and allows me to dial in the amount of sanding needed. The Uniq S model does come with a powerfeeder if you have a lot of doors to do at one time.

The dust collection is OK.

The belts were slightly unique size, but I did find a US distributor for them and orders a wide range of grits.

The oscillating spindle sander is a total bust. Several of us were unable to find sleeves at a reasonable price. They again are a VERY odd size. This was disappointing! I do curves so opted for a separate Shop Fox spindle sander with sleeves readily available.