Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kundig edgesander

Thanks for the info Anthony
    i ordered the unique s today can you give me the info where you purchase your belts

I bought the belts from:

UNEEDA
    640 Chestnut Ridge Rd
    Spring Valley, NY 10977
    845-598- 8635
    Fax: 845-426- 2810

My salesperson was Tom Esposito

Size needed 8" x 79"

Good luck with your new machine!

You could probably have the spindles turned down whether metal or rubber so they would accept more standard sized sleeves

Klingspore will make sleeves of any size. The sleeves are tricky to measure. They want the length around the drum, not the diameter. They also do custom size belts. I think a lot of other mfgs do this as well.

I've gotten custom sized belts easily enough, but did not have any luck with getting sleeves. I sold my metric sized spindle attachment to a friend with the same Unilev. I don't think he had any better luck. Maybe you just need to talk to the right person in the right division. Klingspore can't seem to keep a steady person in the commercial sales position locally, so it is like starting over every year or two.
    JR

What is the spindle size on the Kundig and Unilev? When I was frustrated trying to find sleeves for my Oliver OSS I bought a sanding drum that Felder sells for their shapers. It takes sheet paper and actually works well. It has a 30mm bore and I just had Zuani make shaper type bushings to go from 30mm down to fit the 1" Oliver shaft.

Oliver 381.jpg

The OG Kundig. The Schmid

Resized_20180512_142857_5051.jpg
    Last edited by Darcy Warner; 07-08-2018 at 9:35 PM.