Thread: Minimax FS30 maintenance

Minimax FS30 maintenance

As some of you know, due to your help already on dust port collection advice I picked up a use Minimax FS 30 about a year or two old. I have appreciated all the advice and suggestions having to do with dust collection. Can anyone suggest the proper lubricants for the thickness table sliding cylinder, thickness table screw and the and the transmission chain. These are the terms used by Minimax. I am not sure the machine received any maintenance by the previous owner. I would like to take care of now before I put it off. Thanks, Jack

When I upgraded to a shelix head I was amazed at the degradation of the 10 year old bearings.
    White grease for mechanicals.
    Waxilit for planer beds. Won't ruin your lumber.

Thanks Mike. I have never heard of Waxlilt but I will look into the product. I have applied Johnson Wax onto my table saw and had planned to do the same with the jointer/planer bed. I will compare the two.

Waxilit is the surface treatment Inca recommended for their tools. I’ve seen it available for order from their online store (in France?)

Matt

I use a light coating of bearing grease on the outside of the table cylinder and screw, TriFlow on the chain, and paste wax on the jointer tables and planer bed. I do the cylinder and screw once a year or so, the chain a couple of times/year, and wax the tables probably monthly.

John

Matt, Thanks for the reply. I will check out Waxlilt.

John, thanks for the product information. I plan to do some maintenance before really putting it to use.