Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How about posting some pics of what you're creating??!!

Yea Kev you have the best 3D printer LOL prints in color too $GREEN $
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

8 bit images.

Laser engraved into Beech.

DSC02123.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Ashcroft View Post
    This is a photo of some of the stuff I do. Lots and lots of leather.Attachment 379663
    Those look really nice! Would that type of leather work acceptably as a coaster for a drink do you think? If so, doy you mind sharing where you get the leather from? Thanks!!!
    Epilog Legend 36EXT 75 watt
    Inexperienced rookie user

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Franker View Post
    Those look really nice! Would that type of leather work acceptably as a coaster for a drink do you think? If so, doy you mind sharing where you get the leather from? Thanks!!!
    The leather I use, is around 2mm thick, I would say a little too thin for a coaster, my supplier in the UK sells thicker leather already cut into coaster shapes though. Do a search for Acorn Hip Flasks in eBay. They are based in Birmingham. I buy most of my leather direct rather than through eBay though.
    Shenhui SG350 fitted with a 60w tube.
    Aeon Nova 10 100w tube.
    Aeon Mira 5030 30w RF tube.
    20w Fiber Laser.
    50w Fiber Laser.
    Located in the Isle of Man, which isn't in the UK but almost surrounded by it.

Jit Patel
    London UK

30w Trotec Speedmarker CL (Galvo) with 400mm & 250mm lens
    80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Abobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
    Vector Magic

-Reverse laser engraved
    - paint filled black
    - full sheet adhesive applied
    - vector cut
    overlay.jpg
    Kern HSE 150
    saws, shears, benders, many manual and cnc engravers

If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Some my work lately... tiny little stuff in this case cannon carriages. 26 of them and no way I could ever do these by hand.

Attached Images Attached Images

Urns, urns and more urns! Nothing nearly as impressive as what you guys do, but my work ends up in the hands of a lot of people and the customers are happy with the work I'm doing. Thats whats important I suppose.
    27016368_10155044903186426_1635912855_o.jpg28033758_10155109101861426_271084588_o.jpg28034699_10155109092596426_1009054195_o.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Ashcroft View Post
    The leather I use, is around 2mm thick, I would say a little too thin for a coaster, my supplier in the UK sells thicker leather already cut into coaster shapes though. Do a search for Acorn Hip Flasks in eBay. They are based in Birmingham. I buy most of my leather direct rather than through eBay though.
    Thank you, Julian!
    Epilog Legend 36EXT 75 watt
    Inexperienced rookie user

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Petrie View Post
    Urns, urns and more urns! Nothing nearly as impressive as what you guys do, but my work ends up in the hands of a lot of people and the customers are happy with the work I'm doing. Thats whats important I suppose.
    27016368_10155044903186426_1635912855_o.jpg28033758_10155109101861426_271084588_o.jpg28034699_10155109092596426_1009054195_o.jpg
    Stuart, Nice work! On the Black urn, is that gold and silver or just lighting and if so how did you get the colors?

Everyone's making nice things, keep it up!

Very impressive everyone!

Most of what I do isn't so "artsy" as the vast majority of my customers are other businesses & manufacturers.

This is what I do for my #1 customer, a ski-lift manufacturer:
    I build all of their machinery operator panels--
    This is 2 of the larger ones, they're roughly 20 x 31"-
    new-3.jpg
    These are being tested before delivery & installation.

This is the inside of the cabinet-
    new-4.jpg

These are a couple of remote units, the panels are just under 13" square-
    these live outdoors...
    new-5.jpg

This is a hydraulics & brake system monitor...
    new-6.jpg
    -all these panels I build from scratch. A sheet metal shop makes them up for me,
    most are made to size but since every install is custom I end up sawing up bigger
    panels to make custom sizes. Nearly all panels are loaded with PEM blind studs on the back
    for mounting the LED boards and such, and for mounting the panels to the steel cabinets.
    All the machining is done on my Gravograph IS7000, and the bigger panels are laser etched
    in the Triumph. I bought these 2 machines specifically to help build these panels.
    My LS900 laser usually does all smaller panel etching...

My usually #2 customer builds these things--
    tst.jpg
    -mining trucks for mixing and dispensing ANFO to blow big holes in the ground

The yellow arrows point to my work-
    -on operator panel overlay and some labels-
    ts1.jpg

The overlay for this control box, and another E-stop label...
    ts2.jpg

These are fiberglass Hoffman electric boxes/housings.
    I cut the holes and engrave the lids, the wife paints the engraving.
    A couple of other controls labels are shown...
    ts3.jpg

My ski-lift mfr has been a customer since about 1984, my truck guys since 1991.
    A side benefit (to me), both of these companies have had previous employees strike out on their own and start similar companies-
    I do all of their engraving too
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

The two urns on the right are done in a rotary engraver, not with a laser. Thats just how they come out, whatever base material it is they have under their layer of paint comes out really well.

Would be nice to have an upvote button for fantastic projects.
    Chinese 6040 by NiceCut. Originally 60 Watt upgraded to 150 Watt.....I thought I had pretty much every problem in the book of laser cutting. It turns out that there is a set of books.

Air filter/evac?
    Chinese 6040 by NiceCut. Originally 60 Watt upgraded to 150 Watt.....I thought I had pretty much every problem in the book of laser cutting. It turns out that there is a set of books.